Simple Vegan Mediterranean Kale Salad
This raw kale salad recipe is so easy and SO nutritious. Kale is packed with calcium, Vitamin C and protein and eating it raw preserves those nutrients as well as the rich flavor. In most salads you wouldn't want the greens to wilt but in this one it's important to work the ingredients in by hand to soften up the kale and get the juices flowing. Hope you like it!
1 Bunch Kale
About 3 Tb Spoons Lemon Juice
Pinch of Sea Salt
Handful of Olives
1/2 c. Sun Dried Tomatoes
Handful of Almonds
Splash of Olive Oil
1. Wash and remove the stems from one bunch of kale. I used curly kale but dinosaur kale works really well too.
2. Cut kale into thin strips and place in large bowl.
3. Add lemon juice, a splash of olive oil and salt to taste. Work these things into the kale with your hands until the kale softens (about 5 minutes).
4. Add chopped olives and chopped sun dried tomatoes. Toss.
5. Top with finely chopped almonds.
I've also used pine nuts, kalamata olives and cherry tomatoes with this. Yum!